Thursday, April 22, 2010

At The End Of The Road... Turn Right

“Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.”
Psalm 25:4 (NLT)

A while back my wife and I were driving to a person’s house, and using our new G.P.S (Global Positioning Satellite) to help us know how to get there. The G.P.S. will tell you which way to turn as you get to certain streets and intersections. As we approached a certain intersection, it suddenly said (in a calm female voice): “At the end of the road…turn right.” It was kind of vague but I liked it. I said to my wife: “You know, that would be an excellent title for a devotion!” She just smiled and shook her head.


The reason I thought it was devotion-worthy (does that even make sense) is because of the spiritual implications the words imply. Think about those words. What thoughts come to your mind as you read them? “At the end of the road…turn right.” Here’s what that phrase is saying to me: “At the end of the road (at the end of your life,), turn right (cry out to Jesus, confess your sins, ask Him to forgive you, etc.)” I think that would be an excellent thing to do as your life is coming to an end, don’t you?


Then I got to thinking: wouldn’t it be better to “turn right”… before you get to “the end of the road”? Why wait until the last minute? What if you don’t get a chance to “turn right”? I’m not trying to be morbid; I’m trying to think realistically. We never know how and when our life on this earth will end. Only God knows and He isn’t saying. Because of that, wouldn’t it be a good idea to stay right by Him as much as possible? I think so. I end my devotion on this note:


“When you get to the end of the road (it may be your last nerve or a feeling of hopelessness)… turn right (turn to Jesus)”. It will be the best decision you have ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment