“I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
- Matthew 17:20 (NIV)
Several Weeks ago, on a lazy Sunday afternoon, my eight year-old son Matthew
and I were watching a Chiefs football game on television. Before the game even began, Matthew prayed that the Chiefs would win. He continued to do so all the way to the end. I smiled and thought to myself: “What a silly prayer”. But while I thought it was a silly prayer, I secretly hoped it would be answered. Not so much because I'm a Chiefs fan (which I am), but because I wanted Matthew to see that God is real, and that He does answer prayer. Guess what? The Chiefs won!
I don't know if Matthew's prayer played a role in the Chiefs' victory, but I do know that it encouraged his faith. It helped him to see that he could talk to God, ask Him for anything and that God would listen to him. The same is true for all of us…If we have asked God's Son: Jesus Christ to come in to our life. As believers in Christ, we can pray, asking Him for anything…and if we ask truly believing that He is capable of giving it to us, then He will… if it is His will. But that is the key. We have to believe and it has to be His will.
Is there something you have been asking for? Is there something you really need? Then pray to Jesus. Have faith that He is able. Ask that His will be done. And leave the rest up to Him.
Post Pardum Depression - New Moms
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment