“We must pay more careful attention, therefore to what we have heard… How shall we escape if we ignore such a great salvation?” Hebrews 2:1a, 3a
What do the words: Aggravation, Trouble, and Sorry all have in common? They are the names of board games. “Aggravation” is played using marbles and a dice. “Trouble” is played with a bubble that encases a dice and which you pop up and down to make the dice turn. “Sorry” is played using cards with numbers and instructions on them, telling you how many spaces to move around the board. However, “Aggravation”, “Trouble”, and “Sorry” is what we get, and what we are when we do things that are out of the will of God.
I don’t know about you, but those three words describe a vicious cycle that I have gone through numerous times. First I experience “aggravation” at someone or some things. Next, as a result of that “aggravation”, I find myself saying or doing things that get me into “trouble”. Afterwards, I am “sorry” for what I have said or done, and then try to make amends. Fortunately, I don’t go through those cycles quite as much anymore, probably because I’ve asked Jesus to come into my heart. I now have the Holy Spirit living inside of me, helping me to live as I ought to. I still have to keep my guard up however.
My two boys’ favorite game of this type is “Sorry”. Often as we are playing, Matthew or Jonathan will draw a card allowing them to put one of their pawns on “start”. What follows usually is that the brother whose turn it is next, will draw a card that has him moving the exact number of spaces that ends in him bumping his brother back to “start”. Almost every time, the brother doing the “bumping” has figured this out and says the words: “You’re in a bad spot!”
This was happening so often, that we made a rule that a person could not bump another player back to “start”, unless there was no other choice (it was the only pawn they had out). Well you know what? We all were in a “bad spot”. We were dead in our sins and destined to spend eternity without God. But glory to God, His son Jesus made a way to not let that happen. He died for us. He put himself in a bad spot… on purpose so that we could spend eternity with Him! He had to. There was… “no other choice”.
In John 14:6, Jesus is speaking and says: “No one comes to the Father, but through me.” There is… “no other choice.” If you don’t know Jesus as your Savior, you’re in a “bad spot.” Call out to Him and He will rescue you. If you do know Jesus but you feel like you’re in a “bad spot”, spiritually, financially, etc…call out to Him. He will rescue you…and bring you “Home”… His Home.
Post Pardum Depression - New Moms
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment