“Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Jesus Christ my Lord.” - Philippians 3:8 (NLT)
Lately there has been a series of commercials on television (all by the same bank) though I can’t remember their name, showing children doing some of the dumbest things with the money they were given. One of my favorites (from which this devotion was inspired) shows a dad asking his son where the bike, which the dad had just bought for him was. The son (while holding this enormous snow-cone) smiles and replies: “I traded it!” The dad displaying a look of shock on his face, asks the son: “You did…for what?!!!” The son’s smile immediately disappears as he sheepishly looks at the snow-cone. It sounds a lot like the story of Jacob and Esau, doesn’t it? The dad looks on with disappointment. The scene fades to white with the bank’s logo and the words: “The value of money” printed underneath. As I watched this commercial, I repeated in my mind the words: “The value of money”, replacing the word “money” with the name: “Jesus”. What a beautiful name. There are many things in the world today that people in general place a lot of value on. Things such as: gold, diamonds, cars, houses, etc. And they are valuable…by the world’s standards. But you know what? One of these days, Jesus is going to return and all those things that people thought were so valuable are not going to be worth anything. Jesus said in the Bible (Matthew, Mark and Luke): “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.” WOW!
I often end my devotions with a challenge, and this time I’ll end it with two challenges. The first one is for you to look up the statement quoted by Jesus in all three books of the Bible: Matthew, Mark and Luke...“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.”. See if it’s saying to you what it’s says to me. The second challenge is for all of us: to look at what we have in our own lives. And ask ourselves these questions: “What things do I have in my life that I would consider valuable? How valuable are they compared to the value of knowing Jesus?” I think we’ll see that they can’t compare. Jesus loves us like nobody else! He died for us! He will never leave us or forsake us! If we trust in Him… He will take us home.
“Turn your eyes upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace.” Turn Your Eyes upon Jesus Helen H. Lemmel, 1922
Copyright: Public Domain
Post Pardum Depression - New Moms
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment